Let Us Help You Find the Best Affordable Weed Wacker On the Market
If you prefer a neat and tidy lawn, a weed whacker is a must-have tool. But just like any other lawn and garden tool, some models are more expensive than others. Some higher end models can be out of reach for the everyday person. And if you’re just a casual user, you may not want to spend a small fortune on a weed whacker.
BLACK+DECKER GH900 14-Inch String Trimmer and Edger
Our favorite for 2017
Black & Decker ST7700 13-Inch 4.4 amp Automatic Feed String Trimmer and Edger
A great value option
BLACK+DECKER LST300 12-Inch Lithium Trimmer / Edger
Lightweight ergonomic design with adjustable height
Have no fear – we’re going to share five cheap weed whackers that fit into anyone’s budget. But before we get to that, let’s talk about how you should be comparing these models.
- Power Type: Weed whackers can be powered by battery, gas or electric. You’ll find all three types on our list, and the right one for you will largely depend on the size of your yard. For larger yards, a cheap gas weed eater is the right choice. Battery and corded models are ideal for small to medium sized yards. Battery-powered units won’t be as powerful or last as long as their gas counterparts, but are eco-friendly. Electric models usually require the use of extension cords, which can be a pain.
- Quality: You’re on a tight budget, but you don’t want to throw your money away on a low-quality model. There are affordable weed whackers that will still give you years of use, so pay attention to the quality level. User reviews can give you a good idea of how durable or long-lasting a particular model is. You may also want to research the company to make sure they’re reputable.
The Best Affordable Weed Whacker Reviews for 2017
BLACK+DECKER GH900 – The Black and Decker GH900 one of the cheapest models on our list, but it doesn’t skimp on quality. A corded-electric model, this unit is ideal for small to medium yards.
Built with an AFS (automatic feed system), you never have to worry about bumping the line or having to stop while you’re in the middle of a task. The power drive transmission also helps prevent bogging down, so you can get the job done faster.
A 6.5-amp motor with high torque transmission provides you with the power you need to tackle just about any task.
Weighing just 7 pounds, this model is lightweight and easy to maneuver.
Black & Decker ST7700 – The ST7700 from Black and Decker is one of the most affordable weed whackers on our list, and it’s incredibly lightweight, which makes it ideal for any user.
The straight shaft allows you to use this model to get into those hard-to-reach areas. It can be used for edging, post-mowing maintenance, and trimming grass underneath or around objects in your yard.
The 13” swath is large enough for most tasks, and the 4.4-amp motor gives you more than enough power to tackle tough foliage.
With a weight of just 4.5 pounds, anyone can use this weed whacker without getting fatigued. This is an electric corded model, so it’s best suited for small to medium yards.
Weed Eater W25CBK – The W25CBK from Weed Eater is a bit more high-end, but still highly affordable. Gas-powered, this model will give you more use time and more power to take on tougher jobs in larger yards.
Built with Weed Eater’s Tap ‘N Go Cutting Head, this model feeds the trimer line into the head when it’s pushed into the ground.
Lightweight and easy to maneuver, the W24CBK also features a knock-down coupler that allows for easy assembly, transport and storage.
If you’re looking for an affordable gas-powered weed whacker that doesn’t sacrifice on quality, the W25CBK is the right choice.
BLACK+DECKER LST300 – Black and Decker’s LST300 is battery-powered and lightweight, so you can enjoy the freedom of a cord-free design without the burden of carrying around a heavy battery. This unit is also emissions-free, so you don’t have to worry about polluting the environment.
Powered by a 20V lithium ion battery, this model offers 33% more run time than the average battery weed whacker. And the automatic feed spool eliminates the need for stopping to bump the head.
An adjustable handle and height feature allows you to choose just the right height for you.
Did we mention that this model also converts to an edger in seconds?
BLACK+DECKER GH3000 – Our final pick is also from Black and Decker. The GH3000 is a corded-electric weed whacker that’s powerful enough to take on the toughest of weeds, but lightweight enough for all users.
Featuring Groom ‘N Edge technology, this unit can change from a trimmer to an edger in seconds with the quick latch release. A wheeled edge guide also makes it easy to take care of edging tasks with absolute precision.
The pivoting handle and curved shaft design helps make this trimmer feel balanced and allows you to find the most comfortable position for you.
Easy to use, affordable and powerful, the GH3000 is a great option for anyone looking for an electric weed whacker.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Inexpensive Trimmer for You
Finding the right weed whacker is no easy task, especially if this is your first time buying one. But if you’re like most people, you’re probably on a tight budget and don’t have a fortune to spend on a lawn and garden tool.
Being on a tight budget doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice on quality. Here are some things to look for when buying your new trimmer:
- Weight: The weight of the trimmer is important, especially if you’re older, on the short side or have mobility issues. The goal is to choose a weed whacker that’s light enough for you to be able to maneuver for longer periods of time. Most of the models on our list are lighter in weight, but the ST7700 from Black and Decker is the lightest at 4.5 pounds.
- Power: The more power you have, the easier it will be to cut through thick weeds and overgrowth. If you have a simple yard with little overgrowth, a less powerful model may be just fine for you. But if you have a large yard or tough weeds, you’ll need all the power you can get. In this case, gas-powered may be the best option, although the final model on our list is just as powerful as a gas model.
- Price: You already know that you’re looking for a cheaper model, but you should still set a budget to make sure that you don’t overspend. Choose a model that fits in your budget and still offers all the features and power you need.